The Grant Funding Program and Support have been reviewed and now is applicable based on some easily understood rules.
1. All participants seeking Sailability WA Inc grant funding are to be financial members of Sailability WA.
2. All participants in Sailability/Parasailing on-water programs conducted by and through the Royal Perth Yacht Club structure, who require access to Sailability WA equipment, boats, support craft or coordination services, or Sailability WA Grant Funding Program are to be financial members of Sailability WA.
3. No separate charge is levied on members for the use of Sailability WA equipment, boats, support craft or coordination services.
4. All members of Sailability WA are entitled and encouraged to become members of the Sailability WA Management Committee where views can be expressed and if found appropriate to the overall program/s taken up by Sailability WA in the interests of its members.
5. Financial members of Sailability WA are entitled to apply for Funding Grants. The list below is not exhaustive. The Sailability WA Management Committee shall determine whether an individual application is accepted, and the Committee decision is final.
a. Funding to assist support members paying for RPYC Group Coaching Fees.
b. Funding to assist support members in paying for one on one or specialist group coaching costs.
c. Travel support for advanced sailors travelling to national or international sailing competitions sanctioned by a formal sailing body (in Australia that is Australian Sailing).
d. Competition entry fees for competitions sanctioned by a formal sailing body.
e. Transport support to move either a Sailability WA boat or an individually owned boat within Australia.
f. Funding to assist in the purchase of a boat in the lead-up to the Paralympic competition.
g. Other funding that is identified as benefiting a member to develop or advance as a competent and competitive sailor.
6. The Sailability WA Management Committee will determine based on the strength of individual applications for funding support, whether:
a. The application is valid under Sailability WA Rules/Constitution.
b. The application is made in advance of the event or activity occurring. Subsequent reimbursement of costs requires a copy of a Tax Invoice and/or receipts from the issuing authority.
c. Sufficient funds are available in the Funds Pool for the application under consideration.
d. The application is applicable to an activity or event being conducted by a recognised Authority or Club.
e. The application supports the advancement of the sport of sailing within the Sailability WA program.
f. The applicant is contributing sufficiently toward the overall cost of the activity or event. (this does not preclude 100% funding being approved). Funding is not provided to cover social activities or events linked to a sailing event.
g. The applicant is prepared to offer ongoing support to Sailability WA after the conclusion of the activity or event through volunteering in an appropriate manner and/or promoting Sailability WA.